Features at a Glance
- GNU TeXmacs is a free scientific editing platform designed to create beautiful technical documents using a wysiwyg interface.
- It provides a unified and user friendly framework for editing structured documents with different types of content: text, mathematics, graphics, interactive content, slides, etc.
- TeXmacs can be used as a graphical front-end for many systems in computer algebra, numerical analysis, statistics, etc.
- Documents can be saved in TeXmacs, Xml or Scheme format and printed as Pdf or Postscript files. Converters exist for TeX/LaTeX and Html/Mathml. Notice that TeXmacs is not based on TeX/LaTeX.
- Its rendering engine uses high-quality typesetting algorithms so as to produce professionally looking documents, which can either be printed out or presented from a laptop.
- New styles can be written by the user and new features can be added to the editor using the Scheme extension language.
- Runs on all major Unix platforms, macOS, and Windows.
Mogan Editor inherits all the above features from GNU TeXmacs (see the homepage of GNU TeXmacs), so it can also be used as a efficient study tool for students, teachers, and researchers in science and technology, and suitable to create high-quality assignment documents, report slides, and LaTeX-level papers. Based on GNU TeXmacs, Mogan has more bugs fixed, performance-optimized, and the interface beautified.